Saturday 5 December 2015

The party dress edit


I know I have left it a little late for this post as the party season has well and truly commenced so apologies for that and I'm hoping that my selection of dresses will make up for it.

So many to choose from, it's been a tough old decision but I managed it. Here are my top picks. 

The Christmas party season very much calls for sparkle, sequins, embellishment so kicking it off with these beauties. 


Top left- Warehouse • Top right- Warehouse • Bottom left- French connection • Bottom right- ASOS

Bar the ASOS dress (which I love- great sleeve game) these dresses are very on point for party season. Especially loving the French connection dress with the different colours and chevron pattern- gorgeous with some fiercely pointed court shoes or strappy sandals. 


Top left- ASOS • Top right- New Look • Bottom left- H&M • Bottom right- Zara

Now I'm not usually a fan of the body con, not since I had my second baby anyway, my stomach isn't exactly bodycon friendly but I believe with a good pair of Spanx it could be possible and for £19.99 I am willing to try this New look number. Also loving the red H&M. velvet and red is a real party winner and great if you're feeling a sexy look- very Jessica Rabbit :) 

Top left- Miss Selfridge at Very • Top right- Topshop • Bottom left- Warehouse • Bottom right- H&M

Showing a bit of back is always good if, like me, you're a bit weird about showing your arms. Just have to make sure my husband has fake tanned my back first- pale girl problems! 

Top left- Lipsy at ASOS • Top right- Zara • Bottom left- Topshop • Bottom right- Topshop



Last but not least is this stunning navy velvet dress from Reiss. I've talked about how sequins and embellishment are key for the festive season but also velvet is so
On trend right now. Check out my post on all this soft and velvety here if you haven't already. 

So that's a run down of my top dress picks. Picking the perfect party dress can be a bit of an ordeal so I hope I've helped in some way. Some great dresses there for cocktails and table dancing ;) 



Image via Pinterest. 




Have a great weekend! 

X












1 comment: