Tuesday 21 April 2015

Wedding anniversary


So Friday was our third wedding anniversary. We've been together since school so a total of 15 years this June (with a couple of little breaks inbetween) but our actual wedding anniversary was Friday (17th April) which is the only anniversary we go by now. I feel like I have to give that little explanation every time someone asks how long we've been married. Anyhow, we don't really buy presents just a card with a few nice words written inside and we go on a little date :) 


We didn't have a professional photographer on our wedding day as our day was super low key- 8 guests to be exact but our pics actually turned out great with our trusty canon. And, although my husband isn't keen on how clean shaven he is in them (he's big on the beard now) they're still lovely to me and reflect our day perfectly. 


I know a lot people say it and it sounds so cheesy but my husband really is my best friend. We've been through a lot together and despite it all we've still always been there for each other. We've been side by side through almost everything and I really don't know what I'd do without him. 

Anyway enough of all the soppyness, here's what I wore on our date.. 


Seeing as though we were child free, I saw it as a perfect opportunity for the white jeans. 

Jacket and blouse- Topshop • Jeans- Zara • Shoes- Matalan (old) 

We went to a little country pub around 20 mins from us called "The cowshed". The food was lovely and it was a nice, intimate place, it's like a converted barn. Very country chic. I didn't manage to get any pics though unfortunately as my food didn't last long on the plate. All in all it was a lovely evening and so great to spend time chatting and laughing with my hubs :) 



1 comment:

  1. You have a really nice blog! Congrats on five years of marriage. I have also been looking for event venues to celebrate my first anniversary. I am lucky to have the best woman in my life and I hope I can make it beautiful. Happy holidays to you and the family!

    ReplyDelete