Tuesday 5 May 2015

First time in Paris :)

I'm Paris has always been a dream of mine and so my husband and I decided to go for his birthday on Saturday just gone.  We went for a two night stay in a fabulous hotel (no kids too might I add). 

Neither of us had any idea what we were going to do when we got there other than drink coffee and eat pastries which, to me, is a dream. We did a little research online and found a couple of places to go and decided to play the rest by ear. 

Day one. 




Our hotel was literally a 3 minute walk to the Arc de triomphe and Champes élysées so As soon as we arrived we took a walk up to it and caught a taxi to the Eiffel Tower. So amazing! Then lunch at a little cafe out of the rain. 



  Our hotel. Le royal monceau. 





That evening we went out for a birthday meal at a romantic restaurant round the corner called les 110 de taillevent followed by drinks in the hotel bar. 
Quick toilet selfie in my new Asos dress obvs! 

Day two. 

We went over to an area called La Marais for breakfast where I had the most amazing croissant of all time. 
 


Followed by a stroll which ended up taking us to the The love lock bridge. 




We forgot to buy locks prior but luckily there was a man selling some so we got to lock our love down on it- see what I did there ;) 

After that we carried in walking and came to the Notre Dame. Oh my what a building. The Architecture is unbelievable. 












We did a lot of walking that day which lead to a cheeky visit to Zara (pics to follow) ;) 

After a chill in the hotel and a quick change, the sun came out so we continued the walking and ended up in some back streets with a lot of food places and souvenir shops. We had a kebab which was so bad it was so good, followed by waffles and ice cream- ooh La la! 







It was such a beautiful evening. We ended up back at the Notre Dame and it looked even better in the sun. C'est tres beau (get me!) 


  
This bridal photo shoot was taking place outside the Notre dame. Obviously I had to get a pic of my own. 

It's safe to say We fell in love with Paris and will definitely be needing to return so we can finish off all the things we didn't get chance to do this time around. Hope you've enjoyed my pics. 

Merci, au revoir! 




No comments:

Post a Comment