Friday 1 January 2016

New year, New Goals



Would like to wish you all a very Happy New Year! Thank you so much for taking the time to come over and read my blog. I started actively blogging in Feb and I was really unsure and nervous about it and honestly didn't think I'd stick it out for a month never mind til the end of the year but as I've had a great response from you lovely people my confidence has boosted and I've believed in myself (for once) that I actually might be quite good at this. So thanks for that :) 

So as its January now (my least favourite month)  its probably time to set some goals. I don't like to put too much pressure on the whole goal setting thing so a just a few will do. So here goes: 

1. Healthy eating and excercise- Yep I'm most definitely not alone in this, I think Jan is the busiest time for gyms and I understand why because Christmas has done me in! I started eating healthily last Jan and was doing really well but, to be honest, I got quite bored of it and found I was being much too hard on myself which resulted in me completely falling off the wagon. So this time I will cook and eat well but will still allow myself cheats and cake- just not all the cake which is what I'm currently doing!
As far as excercise goes, I think I will give yoga a try again. I did it years ago (before the kids) and I enjoyed it but life just got in the way ;) but I'm ready to start again. I won't be going to any classes as I can't find a local one within the times I can do so it will be a lot of me stretching in the living room to DVDs and YouTube vids. If anyone has any recommendations that would be great! 

2. Clear outs- I desperately need to start clearing out my house of all rubbish we don't need/want anymore. So much stuff in so many drawers and cupboards, I swear it actually keeps me awake at night thinking about it sometimes so this is much needed!

3. 30th Birthday- I'm turning 30 in March and I'm actually looking forward to it, I don't feel crazily panicky about it like most, I'm pretty comfortable with turning 30. So with this I need to do something special. I usually have low key Birthdays ie. Meal/drinks with friends or my hubs and I will take a trip to London for the day and night but I haven't had an actual PARTAY since I was a kid so am looking to do something pretty good. New York possibly? I am determined to celebrate my 30th year on earth in style! I had thought about doing "30 things to do before you're 30" but I have three months and two kids so I have zero chance of even getting two done I reckon! Suggestions welcome:) 

4. Travel more- We haven't been abroad as a family since 2011 which was before we had Roman and have been quite content in the English holidays our Trips to Cornwall and Wales but I feel ready this year to take the boys abroad. For some reason dealing with airports and children on aeroplanes has not been desirable to me until now. I think we're very ready to travel. 

5. Read more books- I'm going to be honest here and admit that I have only read three actual novels in my life. I started one a while back and read one chapter and yep, life happened again and I didn't get much further. Will try better this year because, even though I have only experienced it three times, finishing a book is really quite satisfying and feels like a great accomplishment to me. 

6. Blogging- As I said at the start of this post, I never thought I would recieve such a nice welcome into the blogging world and I'm really enjoying it all. So I will be focusing a lot on it this year and hoping that it will progress further so please keep reading because I can't do this without you ;) 


So that's it, nothing too much, not too much pressure just a few things I would like to focus on this year other than being the best Mother to my kids that I can be and keeping the washing piles as low down as possible- but that goes without saying. And now that I have displayed it all on here I'm going to have to do it all (shit! didn't think this through much did I!)



Wishing you all a great year ahead, full of laughter and love (sorry for the cliches but I do mean it). Thanks again! 



Jo x 






















No comments:

Post a Comment