Friday 19 February 2016

Spring style inspo



Sorry I've been a little absent the past week. I've not been feeling great, so therefore feeling quite sorry for myself hense me not feeling too inspired to write a blog post. But I've sorted myself out and have done this little Spring style post which is some of my top picks for a bit of Spring dressing- even though it is still bitterly cold out.

So, in Spring I like to keep it casual (as usual) but with a bit of floral or pastel coloured accessories ie a scarf to add that pop of colour if you like. I know what you're thinking "Florals in Spring? Groundbreaking!" I hear this "Miranda Priestly" quote in my head everytime I pick a floral item out of my wardrobe but florals in Spring are key. 

Here are some of my current top picks. 




Leather look jacket- Zara • Floral blouse- ASOS • Lace up flats- Topshop • Cardigan- ASOS

I love a biker jacket and I am seriously feeling this burgundy look one from Zara. A leather biker jacket is a Spring essential in my book as they're not quite warm enough for winter and too hot for summer. Worn with either a basic white tee or Breton and jeans or over a floral dress with tights and boots for the perfect Spring look. 




Gingham dress- Topshop • Hat- ASOS • Sunglasses- ASOS • Jumper- Zara

All of these items are on a wishlist of mine but I'm particularly loving the gingham dress. From Topshop Boutique so is a little more pricey than other casual dresses but it is such a gorgeous fabric and cut. Great again with tights and boots but also in warmer days with flat tan sandals (bare legs obvs!). 




Floral dress- Topshop • Trench Coat- ASOS • Shirt- Zara • Scarf- Topshop

Another Spring essential has to be the trench coat. Lightweight and great for the rainy because, let's face it, we have a lot. This ASOS one is fab. 




Dungarees- Topshop • Shirt- Warehouse at ASOS • Dress- Warehouse at ASOS.

Completely in love with this pretty Warehouse dress. It's not your usual floral as the black background gives it a real bold and quite an oriental feel. Perfect for day and night. 

Last but not least. Here is a perfect casual Spring look. Whether it's the school run, park date, shopping or lunching with friends this look in an all rounder. The kind of look I tend to go for day to day. Altogether with a pair of converse or and ankle boot. Click here for converse. 


Jumper- Zara • Hat- ASOS (see above) • Jeans- River Island at Very • Scarf- Topshop (as above). 



So there we have some high street picks and hopefully a bit of inspiration for your Spring wardrobe. Thanks for reading! 




No comments:

Post a Comment