Wednesday 23 March 2016

My 30th Birthday weekend

So last Friday was the big 3 0- yep I turned 30, which meant I needed to celebrate in style. I went on an over night stay with my girlfriends in London to do very girly things.
I love London and try to go a few times a year to get my LDN fix, so many cool places and things to do starting with an afternoon tea at Sketch. This place first came to my attention on Instagram and since I saw that fabulous pink room I've wanted to go. It did not dissapoint. 


The gallery where the afternoon is held.


Amazing selection of sandwiches including salmon and cream cheese, quail egg and coronation chicken among others. 




Cocktails in the bar before the food went down well. A great selection of drinks and such a vibrant and quirky space to enjoy them. 

What I wore 

Not the best pic quality but here's what I wore. White shirt, checked coat, black skinnys and flat boots for a smart casual look, which I topped of with my fedora hat. You can wear anything to Sketch really, there were plenty of dressed up and very dressed down people. 


Get the look 


Coat- Mango (exact) • Shirt- Topshop • Boots (exact)- Warehouse at ASOS • Jeans (exact)- Levi's at Very



Hat- Topshop • Bag- ASOS. 

I also wore this outfit the following day but swapped a few things around. Changed the shirt for a white tee, the fedora for a beanie and the boots for my trusty new balance and you have a cool casual look for super comfort. 


Tshirt- H&M • Hat- ASOS • Trainers- New balance at Office


The Evening 

So for the evening we decided on a bit of glamour as I don't get to do glam very often with two young children obvs! We chose Quaglinos in Mayfair. None of us had been there before but live music, food and dancing was exactly what I wanted. And again it didn't dissapoint, food was on point as were the drinks and the band. Good times! 





What I wore 

After much deliberation and help from my insta followers I decided on a blouse and leather skirt combo. 



Lipstick- Kate moss for Rimmel. I don't usually go for a bold lip but I tried it out and it finished off my outfit perfectly. 

I love a pretty lace, frilly or smart blouse teamed with a leather skirt to add edge. 

Get the look 


Blouse (exact)- Zara • Leather skirt- Mango at ASOS • Shoes (exact)- Public Desire • Bag (exact)- Zara

So there we have it, a mini run down of the weekend shenanigans and I'm ready to take on my 30's. Thanks for all my birthday wishes, I loved them all! 


Thanks for reading :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment