Friday 7 October 2016

Smart coats

As I said in my last post- Autumn is defo here. The jumpers and coats are out. I recently bought the insta famous M&S coat and I'm basically in love with it! I love a smart coat as they're so easy to wear and style, much more so than a casual coat as with a smart one you can wear it with trainers and a cap yet still look stylish and also dress it up with your heels and a dress to keep it classy which you can't really do with a casual coat. So, very versatile I say. And as I'm having a wardrobe clear out, I'm focusing on buying more versatile items so this works for me!





Images from Pinterest. 



My style 

So here is my new M&S coat. I love the length, colour and cut of it. It works so well with lots of outfits plus the price is great at £69 as I usually would pay £100+ for a new winter coat- so far winning at Autumn/winter ;) 

Coat- M&S • Bag- Zara (old, similar here) • Scarf- Topshop (old, similar here) • Trainers- Stan Smith Adidas at Office

Coat- same as above • Skinny scarf- ASOS (sold out similar here) • Boots- Zara (old, similar here) • Hat- Topshop (old, similar here

Coat- same as above • Scarf- Topshop (old, similar here

Coat- same as above • Top- Zara



Get the look

Here are some other similar smart coats... 


All New Look: Top left- Here • Top right- Here • Bottom left- Here • Bottom right- Here


Top left- Warehouse • Top right- French connection • Bottom left- H&M • Bottom right- New Look. 


Left- H&M • Top right- Mango • Bottom right- Mango





Style with 

As you can see I love a smart coat dressed with big scarves, hats and boots. Little pops of colour or print are good to break up the grey/blue/black of the coat. So, here are a few options- loving the blush pink accessories, a colour I need to get on board with! 



Top left- Zara • Top right- H&M • Bottom left- Topshop • Bottom right- Zara


Jeans- Topshop • Hat- ASOS • Bag- Matalan


Top left- ASOS • Top right- Selected Femme at ASOS • Bottom left- ASOS • Bottom right- Office

There we have it, if you feel you want to smarten up and still keep it casual this look is perfect and easy! I also need to take my own advice lately as I'm becoming a little too comfortable in my parka recently. Time to smarten up! 



Thank for reading! X 

No comments:

Post a Comment